Slow roasted shoulder of lamb - a delicious Sunday lunch option served with goose-fat roasted potatoes and green veg.
2kg shoulder of lamb
Bulb of garlic
Bunch of fresh rosemary or 2 tsps dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to maximum setting whilst you prepare the meat.
- Scatter half of the rosemary and garlic in the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Slash the fat side of the lamb all over and rub in the olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Stuff the slits with rosemary and slivers of garlic.
- Tightly cover the dish with tin foil and place in the oven. Immediately turn the temperature down to 170°C/325°F/gas 3 and cook for around 4 hours – it’s done if you can pull the meat apart easily with two forks.
- Leave the meat to rest and, when ready to serve, shred the lamb meat.
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Oliver.