Gorgeous chicken and vegetables cooked in a coconut sauce with Chinese egg noodles. So easy to make! Serve in soup bowls for a real helping of comfort food.
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1″ ginger root peeled and grated
1 bunch spring onions, sliced
500g/1 lb chicken breast fillet, skinned and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tbsp mild Thai curry paste
1 tin 475ml coconut milk (don’t use half fat coconut milk as it doesn’t work!)
300ml/0.5 pint chicken stock
250g/8oz packet Chinese egg noodles
2 tsp lime juice
Salt & pepper
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan. Add the onions, garlic, ginger & spring onions and stir fry for 2 mins until softened.
2. Add the chicken pieces and curry paste and stir fry until the meat starts to brown a little, approx 5 mins.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, stock, salt & pepper and stir well until blended. At this point it looks like there is a lot of liquid.
4. Bring to the boil and break the noodles into large pieces. Cover and simmer for around 6-8 minutes until the noodles are softened.
5. Add the lime juice, taste and adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.
If you prefer hotter Thai flavours then substitute the mild curry paste with hot curry paste.